Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When Dad plays Mr. Mom

So I've been laid up now for over a week.
Nutshell - did something bad last saturday Feb 14th to my neck. Now have pain in neck, shoulder, right arm and spine. I've been in and out of dr. offices and x-rays and scheduling MRI's and calling PT people etc.

anyway, I can't do anything around the house since I can't move and am in great pain and on loopy meds.

In come Mr. Mom: poor guy. He got the flu last week from taking me to the dr. office. Now's he's busy driving the kids all around trying to keep up with there schedules as well as his work. And he is trying to do housework and keep things moving at home. Did I mention we've had kids home from school at various times as well with the flu?

This afternoon pretty much summed it up. He met the kids at karate, after Mrs. Baines, who has been AWESOME, dropped them off. Unfortunately, when iain took Teags to the bathroom she didn't make it in time. So she peed her pants. and then he had to bring her home, pick up dinner on the way, give her a shower, run back and get Kyle, bring him home, eat quickly, and run to a meeting, get home at 9:00 carry Teags up to bed, go back out to the store to get Goodnight's for Iain, come home wake Iain, switch laundry, put away dishes, and then sit down to do legal work. Boy it is tough to be Mom AND dad. i sure couldn't do it.

If you see my hubby...give him a hug and tell him he's doing a great job! Better yet, send him an e-mail and encourage him! He really is being just wonderful and I love him so much.

Thanks to all who have helped with food and transportation and childcare!
Mrs. Ferro, Mrs. eckman, Mrs. Baines - you all ROCK!!

Here's to making the potty on time, getting homework done, having clean uniforms for school, and making all my dr. appts!

Blessed to be WOJ!! and mom of krit,
KT

No comments: