Monday, December 15, 2008

Dates

So yesterday morning I took Iain on a date. We went to Starbucks and I used my birthday gift card from Emily Stover (Thanks Emily). Iain had a Ginormous Rice Krispie Treat and I had a large coffee. We sat and talked and read books and just enjoyed being together. I love spending time with my kids one on one.

Iain is started to put letters and sounds together and guess what, they make words. Reading is so fun! I can't believe my little boy is reading words and almost 1/2 way through kindergarten.

Last night I was getting them ready for bed and Iain comes out of his room yelling, "Look, Mommy, my P.J.'s growed into me!" How cute it that. They were Kyle's old PJ's that had been too big.

Saturday I took Rhiannon to see the Nutcracker and then we went out for Chinese with one of her best friends Taylor. Her face was very intense while she watched the dancers and I know she enjoyed the entire show. Clara was played by a girl in our school so we were able to say hi to her afterwards which was pretty neat. While at the Chinese restaurant Rhia looked around and said, "Mom, why do all those people look Chinese?" Well, Rhia, because THEY ARE! :-) She was also very distraught because the napkins were folded so they sat like a cup on the table. She eventually asked me for a real napkin. I laughed and told her that the napkins could be UNfolded! :-) You can dress them up but you can't take them out.

Kyle declares he is next for a date and somehow I have a feeling his date will eventually have us at Walmart looking for some new something or other. Teags? Well, she gets to spend all day with me all the time so I'll have to think about her date. Maybe we'll go to the library or something.

Dates with the kids are so fun.

Now, I MUST schedule a date with my hubby!

No comments: