Thursday, December 25, 2008

What is your Christmas Eve dinner?

We started a new tradition last night for Christmas Eve and I think it just might stick. Put away the chips and salsa, return the antipasta tray, meatballs move over and say hello to Christmas Eve Breakfast. Yup...we rolled out the waffle maker, fried up some bacon, and turkey bacon for Dave, and I took my spot by the stove and made omelets to order. Yummy!!!

We had to miss church because of an ice storm so we had our own little service with Christmas carols and even the traditional candlelight version of Silent Night. (Each kid holding a Yankee Candle jar counts, right?)

We opened our Christmas Eve PJ's and played a new board game ImagineIf and then tucked all the kids in for their long winter's nap.

(IF YOU STILL BELIEVE IN SANTA DO NOT KEEP READING)

Then..we rearranged furniture and pulled out all the gifts and set them up under my Mom's tree. It is about 2 and 1/2 feet tall but it sits on a pretty table and so the presents are actually "under" the tree. With 14 people it is safe to say there are a LOT of presents.
We wrote the note to Santa for my cutiepie niece Aubrie and Emme and I even helped Santa out by eating all but the crumbs of the Sticky Bun which Santa receives at our house. I drank his milk dimmed the lights and retired for the night.

I"m pretty sure before I went to sleep I heard "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night". OOPS...sorry for eating your Sticky Bun Santa...

:-)

No comments: