Sunday, December 7, 2008

helper

Yesterday, Rhiannon decided to be a my helper around the house. She just wanted to be with me and do what I did. We loaded some laundry in the wash, swept the floors, folded the blankets on the couch, cleared the kitchen table, made some beds, and finally ended up at the dishwasher. As we were loading dishes Rhia stopped and looked at me. With pure disbelief she said to me, "Mom, do you do this EVERY day?" I chuckled and said, yes, basically I do. Then she asked a very challenging question, "Mom, do you LIKE doing this every day"?
I paused and then said, I love taking care of my family and this is part of taking care of my family, so Yes, I like doing this every day.

Thanks Rhia for the fresh perspective on my daily tasks. I hope that she will grow to enjoy helping me take care of our family and one day enjoy taking care of a family of her own. What a blessing she is to me!

Momokrit,
KT

No comments: