Saturday, January 17, 2009

cleaning

So I have a confession to make. It is deep. It is personal. It will likely change your opinion of me. But the truth must come out. Here goes...

I HATE TO CLEAN!!!

Yes, I like to have things clean. Yes, I know cleanliness is important. Yes, I know there is a sanitary factor involved. Yes, I care what my house looks like. Yes, I want my house to look different than it does.

HOWEVER: I hate to clean. I'll vacuum....but dusting? Laundry? Bathrooms? Kitchen? Floors? Putting away clothes? Organizing school papers? Cleaning out the garage? Doing the basement AGAIN? The toy room? (Has anyone else ever noticed that a clean toy room always turns into a fort?) Ironing? (Although my new iron is awesome and I like to iron while watching 24)

I wonder if I'm just not wired to be a housewife...are some women like that or am I just jaded? I look at super moms I know and their perfect clean houses and part of me is jealous and part of me wonders if they ever sit down and chill out?

There must be a balance somewhere...I know I know Fly Lady to the rescue...problem is you have to start with a clean kitchen sink and well...have you seen my sink lately?? Yeah..when you can't even accomplish step 1 it makes it hard to continue.

Anyway, there is it... My secret is out... I've blown my cover... Whew... I feel better.

What to do now...I think I'll vacuum...

:-)
KT

No comments: