Tuesday, January 20, 2009

inauguration

"Sit down kids." How many cars are there mom? Why are ALL those people there? Why would the former presidents want to be there? Ew...is that Clinton? Can we have a snack? I think 1/2 of the population of the world is in DC. "Listen and be quiet guys." Is he president yet? I think I just saw Trevor and Taylor. I'm hungry. stop kicking and be quiet. Can I be president one day? Oh, I just saw Mrs. Bush. Why is that guy in a wheelchair? Are they going to announce EVERy single person that walks in? Do we need to pray to? Is that guy standing there a statue? When can we have a snack? Is it almost over? Is he president yet? WOW...WHAT KIND OF HAT IS THAT? Mom is that singing good? It doesn't sound like My country tis of thee. "Guys, sit and listen." But we're hungry..."Ok, Ok, I'll get the Cheese-itz" Is that McCain? "No, kids that VP Biden." Can I have more? Wow...those people are happy. "Kids, please sit and listen to this music, it was arranged just for today." why mom? Is he president yet? Stop touching me. Can we go there today Mom? Stop sitting next to me. I need more Cheese-itz, "Kids you are missing it!" what is he talking about? "He is swearing in. " Oh, so is he president yet? can we have lunch now? Is he going to talk forever? Do we have to listen to it all? I'm still hungry. Ouch..he hurt me. She touched me. Happy Birthday Obama...I mean happy president day... Is the first president alive? Get off me! Fionna is visiting the neighbors. Mommy, if he does a good job will you vote for him next time? Does he love God? What's for lunch? I'm starving. You said after he became president we could have lunch. "Would you all please sit down and stop touching each other and just be quiet for a minute. You are watching history." Is he done yet? Mom,I really miss school can we just go to school now? I don't want to go to school. Can anyone read the phonebook in one day? Mom, have those statue people stopped saluting yet? Is Martin Luther King there? I bet he would be happy. He just said, God Bless you...does that mean he is a Christian? Do the Obama girls still have to go to school? "Ok, kids we don't have to watch the rest of the speeches." No, Mom, now I want to. But I don't like her curly hair. Get off me. Mom, I'm gonna go and get some lunch now. Etc...Etc....Etc...Etc...

When my kids kids ask if they remember when the first African American President was inaugurated I think they will remember being hungry!!!

I tried to give them a chance to watch history. I have a feeling my 3 year didn't quite get it!

4 comments:

Emily said...

THAT WAS SSOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!! We are howling! Thanks for sharing.

momofkrit said...

I just re-read my blog and it doesn't even seem to capture the event. My blog makes it sound so short. It was a long 2 hours with a lot more comments. Mostly about food!!

Andrea said...

The funny thing is that I can picture every one of those moments!!! Thank you! Thank you! Katie for sharing. Your blogs make my day. Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

sperlonga said...

Thanks for this fun blog. Wish I could REMEMBER what my kids said! It was very entertaining, yours that is!

Emily's lurking sister....