Thursday, January 29, 2009

snow day and stuff

So we did have a snow day and it was nice. The kids played in the fort. The kids played ice skate around the house. The kids made cookies, thanks to Costco frozen dough, and Mommy made popcorn. We watched movies and stayed in PJ's ALL day. We never even made it outside. This morning, I was ready for school to be back in session. :-)

Getting ready for school this morning I was doing my daily task of trying to find matching socks for the boys. This is unfortunately a daily task and one which I despise! However, it it what it is. Anyway, I found some for Iain and then searched and searched and could only find 1 blue sock and 1 black sock for Kyle. Both colors are part of the uniform code and it doesn't say anywhere that you can't wear both, so I gave them to Kyle who didn't even notice and he went on his merry way. No one will notice, right?

Of couse someone noticed...Kyle changed after school into BB outfit and after the players had prayed and before they took the court, the Ref mentioned that he found 2 black shoes and 2 socks in the changing room. 1 sock was blue and 1 sock was black. AHHHH...of course I knew immediately that it had to me my child. Yup, sure enough...I carefully snuck over to the bleachers and quickly put the "goods" into my bag. Tonight I am going to sit down and look through that massive basket of mismatched socks and find socks that are at least the same color for tomorrow!~


KT

4 comments:

HEM said...

Is it possible to have one color per child per year or size???

Love, AH

P.S. By the way, I live alone and can never find matching socks either! Do you think that there is a sock terrorist out there somewhere?

Tom Martin said...

Dearest Mother of KRIT; From one who has a large number of socks which don't even have a companion, much less ones which are of the same color, I sympathize with your plight. However, remember this-- for every pair of mismatched colored socks there is an inverse colored pair somewhere in the great unknown, perhaps still hiding inside the clothes dryer! You wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, would you? Things could be worse--you might have mismatched mittens!

momofkrit said...

Things are worse...I was caught by school children this past week wearing 2 different mittens on my hands. I was cold and I couldn't find my matching pairs...so I just wore them. And this evening while cleaning out old piles of sheets and towels, I found a huge bag of single socks. Maybe, just maybe now I'll find more matches! :-)

David said...

The pundit Charles Osgood once wrote a piece on the subject of socks that magically vanish in the dryer. His proposed solution was an International Sock Exchange. The owners of solo socks could find others in similar situations, and via strategic trading end up with each party having matched pairs. Today, in the age of the internet, such an idea doesn't seem entirely implausible.