Thursday, March 12, 2009

My baby

So...after arriving at the hospital on march 11, 2009, I was given a bed and heard the best words ever...WE'RE KEEPING YOU...I was so relieved. My baby was finally going to be born.
Epidural was great. Slept till morning. Hooked up the get me going drugs and then I met the DR. It was not my dr. but rather the on call lady. She was NOT nice. In fact, she was mean to me. She yelled at my Mom (who yelled back), and she told me I couldn't hold my baby's new bear (which I kept holding) and she told me to stop breathing the way I was breathing (which had helped me deliver 3 babies already). From that moment on, I relied on my nurses, my mom and my sister, and just trusted in God for the rest of my delivery.

Teagan Hope Anastasia Martin was born on March 11, 2005. She was around 8 pounds and somewhere between 19 and 21 inches long. It was early afternoon.

Here are the important details. SHE HAD BLACK HAIR! Uhh...there was no switching she hadn't left the room. How did my baby get black hair? My previous 3 babies had unmistakable red hair from birth on. How did the 4th come out so different?

A true blessing from God. The black hair was just the beginning of Teagan saying, hey I'm here and I'm different and I'm going to let you know that I am here. She is wonderful. Her personality is so charming, and her love of life is contagious. Unless she is hurt, that girl always has a smile on her face. She was the easiest baby and she slept through the night at 8 weeks. My other kids didn't sleep through the night till after they were 1. She didn't walk till she was almost 2 and she didn't talk till she was 3. But that child has completed our family in a way we never imagined. God was so good to send her to us and allow her to be so different and unique.

Teagan is the smile of our family. I pray that she will grow into a woman of God who is always able smile and is able to share her joy with others.

So Very Blessed to be,
MomofTeags,
KT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a great writer! Such a touching story.... :)

I can't imagine why that Dr yelled at you! Why did she yell??? :( That irritates me for you. :(

Jennifer said...

What a great story! She's beautiful and I love her name! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm going to check yours out some more!

eckman fam said...

that just made me cry! beautiful...and so amazing how life's "surprises" are so perfect for us!