Monday, March 9, 2009

random

One of these days I'm going to write down all my grand thoughts on my 3 week break from life.

Ok so as for today:
*Tonight, Rhia went with her grandparents to Crosslands (a retirement home) for a monthly Vespers service. They sing songs and tell a Bible Story and do various other things. Tonight Rhia actually said her poem for all the older people at Vespers! I am so proud of her.

*Yesterday, the kids were putting on a play. Rhia was the director for a change. (I'm not sure where Kyle was or how Rhia managed to be the director.) Anyway, she was trying to convince Iain to participate and it wasn't working. She finally suggested that Iain could be a shark. Iain looked somewhat interested, but when Rhia said that he could be a shark that scared Teagan, Iain took off like lightening. What is it about little boys and scaring their sisters.

Proud moment: tonight the kids all got a special treat from their grandparents. Kyle - skittles. Rhia - peanuts, Iain - peanuts, Teagan - a pacifier lolipop. Teagan, who is in a growth spurt and keeps tripping, and dropping things, and missing the potty because she doesn't recongnize her own body, dropped her lolipop and it broke into pieces on the floor. Immediately the tears erupted from her eyes and the cries came from her mouth. Rushing to support her were ALL 3 SIBLINGS! Kyle immediately started helping her clean up the mess. Iain and Rhia both rushed in offering pieces of their candy to replace Tegan's great loss.

Wow...once in a while my kids will do something that makes my heart melt and shows me that my kids do love each other and at least some of what I am teaching them is getting through. Praise God!

I worked for the first time today in 3 weeks. I'm pooped and grumpy and hurting and want to go to bed but know I won't get comfortable...so...I'm blogging instead. I think I'll go raid my frig for some very yummy leftovers from all the delicious meals friends have brought for us. Of course that won't help me fit into my pretty purple bridesmaid dress in August. Oh..the age old dilema...to eat or not to eat....

Pondering,
momofkrit,
KT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! i hope you got some left overs!

Emily said...

great thoughts...those moments when the kids respond with love toward each other are like a little note of encouragement from God. I call them "mom paychecks". That was really sweet. I am so proud of Rhia. I remember when she wouldn't talk at all...and now she is saying her poem in front of everyone! That is awesome.