Monday, June 16, 2008

Found and Lost

Found:
Important arbonne Papers
Car Keys

Lost:
My Mind and My Dignity....
Took kids to Wendy's for lunch to kill time after we missed our 1:00 appointment due to loss of keys and rescheduled till 3:00. I seated the kids at a table and went up to order our traditional 30 chicken nuggets and fries.

For a few moments I pretented like I didn't hear them, but soon came the pitter patter of feet telling me that so and so was touching them and another so and so was pushing them and then came the shouting across the restaurant, NO, I'm NOT. My dagger looks were not working so I left my spot in line and went to once again deliver the "word" and silence the crowds.

Back in line I hear shuffling and see everyone switching seats and trying to decide who has to sit beside who. In the process Teagan stands on the seat and promptly lifts up her dress sharing her care bear undies with the poor people who were subject to our family's antics at lunch time. Iain decides to use the back of his booth seat as a gymnasium and manages to kick the gentlemen sitting behind him in the head. Rhia and Kyle and very loudly playing rock paper scissors shouting "SHOOT" at the top of their lungs.

I quickly order and attempt to resume control. Therin lay my problem. Control was never mine. It belonged to the youngest in the group as it had all day. Anyway, of course we needed a break to visit the "holy" room and the boys ventured off together with warnings of stay together and don't talk to Anyone.

No need to worry about anything funny going on in that bathroom. Any stranger would have fled, I'm sure; the entire place could hear the 2 of them arguing in there! Rhia and I were trying to chuckle at them but my chuckles quickly turned to loss of all dignity that remained when Kyle left the room a second before Iain and the voice from the bathroom shouted, "YOU'RE SUCH A MEANIE HEAD!!!" I truly put my head in my hands and shook back and forth just wishing to disappear.

When I thought nothing worse could happen, I turn around and see this sweet young woman wearing a shirt that says "the rumors are true, I'm pregnant". She is looking at me and my brood with shock and awe. Sitting so calmly at her table and sketching what I can only imagine was the perfect little nursery, Rhiannon decides to take her drink over, put it on the lady's table and watch her draw. Oh my, Oh my. As quickly as possible I take my loud, meanie, hitting, fighting, stained (did I mention the ketchup and mustard spills) kids to the car and hide in the momentary respite of my minivan. I say momentary because we all know that a minivan provides no respite...how can it with all it's crumbs, car seats, board books, puzzle pieces, and left over nuggets from last week's adventure.

If you come across a blog written by a pregnant woman who is sharing her great fear of having children after the spectacle she witnessed at a Wendy's today, please send her my deepest apologies. Not every day is like this. One of these days I'll find my mind which is still lost and we'll have a civilized luncheon at a Wendy's. Of course, if that happened, I'd have nothing to write about! :-)

Blessed to be Momofkrit and WoJ,
KT

1 comment:

Emily said...

This brings back so many memories. It makes me exhausted reading it and remembering those days! I had many, many days like that when they were little...getting back home exhausted and thinking that I would never do that again! But we do, again and again. Days go by and turn to years and now by babies are getting so grown up! I still don't like to go shopping with all four kids.