Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Therapy gone wrong

It was recenlty suggested by a child therapist that we use the term - I'm going to step out of it - as a way to remove yourself from a situation which might make you angry or cause argument or disagreement. In fact, you could even physically take a step away or just mentally walk away.

This is how it turned out for us....

Stop touching me.
I didn't touch you, that was my sister.
No it wasn't, I saw you touch me.
You couldn't have seen me you were looking over there.
I was not, No, wait, I'm going to 'step out of it'.
No, way, I'm 'stepping out of it' first.
NO, I SAID IT FIRST.
Yes, But I did it first.

At this point Mommy physically steps out of it and walks away shaking her head amazed how children can turn anything and everything into an argument.

blessed to be Momofkrit and WoJ,
kt

No comments: