Sunday, October 12, 2008

NOT mother of the year

It's true that I work for a great mom who was Mother of the Year in 1995 I think.

I, on the other hand, do not qualify. Did I make dinner? Yes. Did I do laundry? Yes. Did I play games? Yes. Did I give love when she hurt herself? Yes.

So what makes me NOT mother of the year? I didn't make a Teagan duck.

You may be wondering why that is a big deal. Well you see, in our kids bathroom we have ducks stenciled on the wall and 5 ducks are personalized and named. Daddy has a tophat. Mommy has a bow. Kyle has sunglasses. Rhia has two bows. Iain has a cool baseball cap. There is no duck for Teagan. There isn't even a duck anywhere close by that could count.

I didn't worry about this when she was first born. She couldn't read and didn't know. I didn't even worry about this when she turned 2 because she wasn't talking yet.

However, this evening after she brushed her teeth I saw her looking at the ducks saying, Daddy, Mommy, Kyle, Rhia, Iain, hmmm....
she didn't say anything. she just looked sad.

Tomorrow I'll be stenciling a duck. A BIG duck with a tiara!!

not mother of the year, but mother to my kiddo's, poor things,
kt

This pretty much sums up the life of the 4th child.

When Kyle went to kindergarten I sent him a personal note every day in his lunchbox.
When Rhia went to kindergarten I sent her a personal note at least once a week in her lunchbox.
Iain is in kindergarten and I am following a once a month note in his lunchbox.
Teagan goes to school with me every day and she packs her own lunchbox. :-)

No comments: