Tuesday, October 21, 2008

see them sleeping

I overheard this today and loved it. So I will now take it and claim it.

People often tell me how sweet or cute my kids are. I often have teachers or staff or trainers or coaches or parents or strangers tell me something nice about my kids. It is so great to hear these wonderful positive comments since as the mother I see all the other bad stuff too!! I am learning to thank people for their compliments and use the opportunity to encourage my children. Too often I am catching them doing something wrong and I forget to "catch them being good".

Today I overheard a mom say, "My children are so sweet and you should see them when they are sleeping!" Even if you've had a terrible day, if you creep into their room at night you can't help but be filled with love for that precious child.

You know, this is how Jesus sees his children! He rejoices over us with singing and He quiets us with His love. So tonight as I "see them sleeping" I will be thinking of what a blessing my children are and also thinking of the great love my Father has poured out on Me allowing me to be called a Daughter of God.

kt

No comments: