Thursday, August 21, 2008

updates

It has been awhile since I wrote. My creative juices were not flowing over the past week during the funeral for my uncle. Thanks for all your kind words and support.

So updates:
1. I am working part-time now at Tall Oaks Classical School where my children attend school. I will be the administrative assistant to the Director of Development. Fancy title, I know. Originally I was titled Development Support and that made me think only of Diapers, Pantyhose and Depends. I was thrilled they officially named me AA!! :-)
Tonight I completed my first official duty filling in for the director and giving the development spiel for the Parents Back to School Night. I was all prepared and got to school early and tried not to freak out when the headmaster told me he had changed my power point presentation. Thankfully they were minor changes and thankfully my boss comes back on Saturday.

2. School starts for us on Monday. Here is the current thought process of each child:
Iain - He is so excited to start school that he has been impossible to handle. He is demonstrating no self control and keeps acting out in a manner which is unlike even him. When questioned, he responds, "Mommy, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just so excited to start school!"

Rhia - Last night at 4:00 am she crawled into my bed and told me she is nervous about starting first grade. Being the sensitive mother that I am, I hugged her and told her we would talk about it in the morning.

Teagan - She is still wondering when her class is having their summer social party. When I explained that she isn't really in school yet, she argues with me and insists that she is. Classic 4th child syndrome.

Kyle - My sweet oldest boy told me tonight that he is glad I met and talked to his teacher, but he won't be able to attend school this year. He informed me that he and his best friend, Trevor are planning to be homeschooled. After a short pause I asked him who the home teacher was going to be since both Trevor's mom and I will be working at the school to pay tuition. Monday morning could be a tough one for him.

3. My sweet husband will enjoy tomorrow morning as his last morning of freedom. Next week begins the long daily drive to school at 7:00 am. At least there is Starbucks, Panera, and Dunkin Donuts all on the way back to work. He should be ok! :-)

Blessed to be momofkrit and woj,
KT

2 comments:

andrea said...

and a very impressive first assignment that was........! :)
Yikes......homeschooled!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

ok. so ive been trying to figure it out. who is "woj" mom of krit and wjo?!? i'm baffled.

yay for tall oaks AA!! um...good luck with kyle and homeschooling. can you imagine!?