Thursday, September 25, 2008

funnies

Here are a couple quick little funny scenarios in our house this week:

After 4 hands have been raised to pray for dinner, Daddy finally picks Iain. We all bow our heads, close our eyes and wait. Silence..... Iain?...... "Um, Start me out out Daddy" :-0)
Iain then thanks God for the food and good behaviour that day in school and lastly for Kyle since it is his birthday. In case God didn't know, Iain specifically mentions, "Thank you God for Kyle's birthday. He is turning 9 today!!"



Sitting in the ballet studio doing homework with Kyle...
"We have to study now, Kyle"
"Mom, I'd rather do this at home."
"Well tonight I need to make your birthday cake for the party on Saturday"
"But, Mom, I don't want a cake. I don't like cake."
"True, but the cake is important to the theme of your spy party."
"But Mom, I want the frozen apple pie in the freezer. Can't we study tonight?"

(My fault for letting the conversation continue after saying time to study now....but funny in hindsight!) How can I make an apple pie look like a magnifying glass? and if the main spy mission is to find the missing cake an apple pie just won't work. Of course he doesn't know all these details! SHHHHH don't tell him.


Once again this morning found Mommy frantically running around the house searching for something that started with a "W" for show and tell for Iain. (Someone needs to write a book with show and tell ideas!!) Finally I pull out a Noah's ark puzzle hoping to see a walrus! Yes, there is half of one! Searching, I find the matching piece and TADA, a walrus. I run into the other room saying, " I found something Iain." Carefully putting the pieces together I say, LOOK, if you hold these together you have a walrus!

Kyle looks at my puzzle pieces and says, "Hey Mom, why doesn't he just take the one piece with the whales on it?" Punk...... (Of course, the second puzzle piece has 2 beautiful whales on it.)

Daddy comes in the room and says, Why didn't you just grab a water bottle, Mommy?

I officially declare my show and tell days OVER. Sorry, Teags...ask your siblings or your Daddy. I'm done. My 9 year career of last minute show and tell discoveries has just ended.

Happy to have retired, but sure I'll be pulled out of retirement next week,
Momofkrit and woj,
KT

No comments: