Sunday, September 7, 2008

What was I thinking?



After church, my hubby wasn't feeling so well due to his cold so he headed home. However, the kids look forward to the mushroom festival all year long so.....I took all the kids by myself to the festival. Now, I realize most people don't know where our town is or care about it. However, the mushroom festival draws people from ALL OVER THE PLACE and it one of the biggest festivals across the country. since it rained yesterday the festival was a 1 day event this year. So, imagine all the people.


ALL THE PEOPLE , LOTS OF PEOPLE, MANY MANY PEOPLE, and there is me with 4 kids. No stroller. We park about 1/2 mile away, walk and search for hotdogs. Getting 2 we eat those and keep walking looking for hamburgers. No hamburgers in site. we walk back to get 2 more hotdogs. We look for ice cream, see our karate studio with spiderman, find icecream, get our picture taken by a reporter, and finally about 3 hours later make the long trek back to our car with a bag of popcorn for daddy in hand.
It was quite an event. I didn't see anyone, I was too busy looking down counting heads.
What was I thinking?
Crazy mom trying to make my kids happy,
momofkrit and Woj,
KT


No comments: