Wednesday, September 3, 2008

soccer mom lights up the room

This morning there was a meeting at school for moms who volunteer throughout the year to make meals for the teachers and special lunches once a month. A very sweet mom there singled me out and told me that I have beautiful eyes and that she is so glad when she sees me because I light up a room. WHAT A COMPLIMENT! I have witnessed those types of people before and I never thought someone would say that about me. I'm thankful to have been a blessing to her.

So while lighting up the room I worked all day and then at 3:00 collected my things and my offspring, one of which was SOUND asleep on the kindergarten floor, and we hit the road headed for ballet. Getting stuck in traffic we survived the trip inspite of insufficient snacks and water supply and arrived to ballet just a few minutes late. Once Rhia was safely in her class, I went in the office and actually signed her up. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
In the waiting room, I did homework with Kyle while fighting off the continued cries of malnutrition from my other son. Quickly packing our bags we hit the road again dropping Kyle off at karate and then back to the dance studio to pick up Rhia and try on Tap shoes. Back to pick up Kyle and finally we arrived home around 5:30 pm.

Is this what is meant by a soccer mom? Well, I'll find out, soccer starts tomorrow after school.

Blessed to be momofkrit,
KT

No comments: