Saturday, September 20, 2008

New York, New York

So about 15 minutes ago I sent my oldest, Kyle, out the door at exactly 6:00 am to go on the biggest adventure of his life thus far. He and Aunt Helen are headed by train to visit the big city, NY.

Amazingly, he was wide awake at 5:30, dressed and ready for his big birthday trip. They are going to visit the biggest toy store in the world and have lunch. He is very excited. Everyone is excited, or at least everyone was awake with us. Yup, it's Saturday morning at 6:15 and the whole family is awake. hmmm....why can't they wake up on school mornings?

We reviewed with Kyle some of the NY safety points, like not talking to strangers, or walking away from Aunt Helen, and Kyle looked completely confused. I know he thinks we have lost our minds telling him things he already knows, but New York is much different from our little town!!

Reminding Kyle not to point or say anything out loud if he saw something strange, Kyle replied, Like a tatoo? Well, maybe, I responded not wanting to introduce anything into his still naive young mind. :-)

So now, we are all going to try to go back to bed. I originally suggested an early morning trip to Perkins for breakfast and although the idea was nixed, I fully believe that in about 2 hours after fitful noncontinuous sleep I will have wished we went with my idea.

Off to sleep...maybe,
MomofKYLE,
KT

No comments: