Wednesday, July 30, 2008

DINNER

We had a GREAT day today. Friends stayed over last night, another friend joined us this afternoon. We had breakfast, snacks, more snacks, lunch, after lunch snacks, afternoon snacks, before karate snacks, after karate snacks...sorry... I was "THE BEST MOM EVER". Well, at least until the friends had to go home.

We did karate and survived with no major incidents. Bonus. The thunder held off and T-Ball was NOT canceled and Iain did a great job playing tonight. He did get a nice ball to the face, but after a quick word with his coach, and a kiss from Mom, he was back on the field playing ball. We even have a bruise to show off! Cool!!

So burgers and dogs for dinner, baths, bed...All is well and done. goodnight.
OH WAIT< that was the plan...
Sweet corn cooking on the stove, burgers and dogs on the grill, pasta salad already made. What could go wrong? Well...the grill ran out of juice half way through the cooking process. Rhia and Iain discovered a great place to play with water outside while I was grilling so they managed to get soaked and needed to get showered before dinner. Fiona knocked over the trashcan spewing trash everywhere.

Ok, ok, no big deal, shower kids, microwave rest of food, clean up trash, serve dinner.
There are only 2 hamburgers. 3 kids want them. 2 adults want them. 6 hotdogs available. 1 child wants them and 1 puggle is hoping to catch some under the table. Many ears of corn. some don't like it. Some love it. Teags eats 3 ears of corn, but nothing else. The pasta salad is enjoyed by my hubby. Rhia needs me to eat hers up as it is too cold. Uh, honey, it is called a cold pasta salad. Water spills all over the table. My hamburger gets split 4 ways, I get 3 bites.

Daddy begins a discussion about justification at the table launching all kinds of questions about the trinity and beginning of God and even a debate about the dove from Noah's ark and whether that dove was actually the Holy Spirit. Teags falls asleep on my lap during this discussion. Daddy takes kids directly from table up to bed. I carefully transfer Teags from my arms to her bed.

Once back downstairs, I discover my dog on the table eating her anticipated hog dog. I hear snoring from Iain's bedroom, Iain? No, Daddy. The kitchen is a mess, the dog is in trouble, the grill is still open, and the worst thing is? I'M STILL HUNGRY!!! And it is now 10:00. Oh my oh my.

So, I"m going to bed with a slightly messy kitchen, a dishwasher that needs to be unloaded, laundry that needs to be folded, a grill that needs more gas, a dog that will probably have to GO in the middle of the night, a hungry belly, and a lingering question in my head about the dove.
Sounds like a typical day in the life of this mom of 4 kids...wonder what tomorrow will be like?

So very blessed to be momofkrit and woj, and even Mom to Fiona the pugle although she's in trouble!!!

KT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wait a minute...i know this blogger!!