Thursday, July 31, 2008

Did you hear




the loud scream around 9:00 coming from the edge of our town? It was ME! I was screaming FREEDOM!!!

You see, my dear friend across town agreed to take all 4, yes you read that right ALL 4 of my kids overnight and during the day tomorrow. I carefully packed each kids with loving care and during dinner we went over sleep-over rules.

Taylor had joined us for dinner and since it was her house they were going to, she helped establish the rules by sharing with me that, "We have no rules at our house!". :-) Then she backtracked a bit and we reviewed the obvious ones like no running inside, no screaming, obey the parents etc. I reminded the kids to be quiet while they 'stayed up all night talking' because the Daddy had to get up early to go to work. Rhia and Taylor began talking about the routine each of their daddy's had in the morning and they were shocked to discover that BOTH DADS TOOK A SHOWER EVERY MORNING. Can you believe the coincidence?

All the kids were excited and only Teagan was a bit nervous. We talked with Mrs. Baines about it and they decided to have a tea party tomorrow with all the stuffed friends at the Baines house. Of course when Teagan said she would miss Mommy, I told her she would be fine and to hug her blanket. Then remembering all the sleep-overs she has had with our babysitter Miss Katie, I asked what she did with Miss Katie when she missed Mommy. WRONG QUESTION! Teagan proudly smiled and declared that Miss Katie just brought her home when she missed Mommy. :-( Not what I wanted to hear. Not true either.

So my hubby and I snuck out of the house after casually giving kisses and then we went to Starbucks for coffee. Wow, I've aged. The crowd there was all 18-25 year olds and we just didn't fit in. So we came home for a romantic evening alone. Well that might have been a nice plan, but I had other things on my mind. My back closet needs to be cleaned. Thus explains the picture at the top of this blog. I emptied the closet tonight and tomorrow my mission will be to put it back together.
Lessons learned today?
Some dads shower every morning.
Apparently this is not as predictable for mothers.
Some kids have no rules at their houses! :-)
Nights alone without the kids aren't the same as nights alone before the kids!
Blessed to be momofkrit and woj and sleeping uninterrupted tonight, I hope,
KT












1 comment:

Emily said...

would you like a helper next week for a few days?? I don't know if I can part with her, but I will do it for you, my friend. :) How about Sun. night (after youth group) until Wed. or Thurs?