Friday, July 25, 2008

eXtra eXtra


Read all about it... Remember the days when the newspaper was the only means of media communication? Ok, well I don't either, but I've watched a documentary about it on T.V. :-)


Anyway, being in the newpaper was a big deal regardless of the reason. Some things have changed since then, but if you are a kid and your picture is in the newpaper that is a HUGE deal.

One of our local papers just featured a story about a library doing story hour at a local coffee shop and MY kids were the main picture on the front page. The reporter had taken the picture and mentioned that she would probably use it so I was expecting a small pic somewhere back on page 13 of section C. When I picked up the paper at the store and saw my 4 kids staring at me from the front page I just smiled proudly.
I very humbly walked up to the cashier and placed the paper on the counter pointing to the kids and saying, "Aren't those kids cute!" She mumbled something about yes, they are cute and then I smiled and said, "Thanks, they are my kids!" A mom is allowed a bit of pride sometimes, right?
Moments in history that define us...will my kids remember the time they were the main picture on the front of the newspaper? Oh yeah, you bet they will! Will anyone else? No, except me. But for this week, yes, that is how local the paper is, they will be "famous".
Blessed to be momofkrit and woj,
KT

2 comments:

Tom Martin said...

If you receive any complaints from the Avon Grove Sun for copyright infringement for reproducing part of their front page on your blog, please tell them that the undersigned was inspired to go out and buy 4 copies of their paper at the Wawa because of the blog, so they should thank you for the increased circulation@!! A proud Grandpa

sperlonga said...

"My children found the basket of books provided by the starbucks and proceeded to entertain themselves with a few moments of "quiet reading time".
Well, let me clarify. Teagan and Rhia read very quietly. Iain decided to entertain himself......"

Was this the same day as the photo was taken?! *smile* Seems they were really better than you thought! But I DID find your description so entertaining! I love your straightforward style. Keep enjoying!