Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stories and Thoughts


Years ago Kyle found an old sippy cup of milk and took what was his last drink of milk for many years. We've tried vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, soy, and rice. No success. Even cereal has been dry except Rice Krispies which have just enough milk to make the snap, crackle and pop.


Tonight I once again forced the poor boy to try milk in his cereal, GUESS WHAT, He liked it and it wasn't even LIFE cereal!! :-) He claims that if I buy that kind of cereal again he'll have it with milk. YIPEE!!! Daddy mentioned how good the milk was for his bones and his teeth. Before bed when I said Go Brush your Teeth, the response? Mom, I already had milk which is good for my teeth so I don't really need to brush! Ha Ha I said to his smiling joking face. I am amazed by his wit and humor!


Tonight at dinner after a long talk about the dangers of grumbling and complaining, Daddy mentioned how thankful he is that everyone of us is a member of our family. Kyle responds in a very funny sarcastic tone, "Yeah, sure you are!" "Rhia responds with, "I want to go and live with the Baines Family!" The really funny part of this is that Daddy thought she said she wanted to be a doctor to the beans. (We were having green beans for dinner which were going over so well!)


During our family meeting earlier today while we discussed the importance of being content and not complaining and grumbling like the Israelites did in the Old Testament, Iain caught onto the seriousness of the situation and decided to declare his future helpfulness to the family. He stood up and said, "I am going to clean my room and the girls room and Kyle's room and Mommy's room too!" This was met with gratitude and well, NO THANKS from Kyle who quickly mentioned that no other kids should ever be in his room.


I sit here tonight wondering if I parent my children properly, remembering all my mistakes, looking forward to the future and thinking about what they will become, and I am overwhelmed by the task which I face each and every day. Did I love them enough? Did I discipline them enough? Did I read to them, play with them, feed them, clothe them, listen to them, encourage them, build them up, teach them, train them, and grow them? Honestly, NO, I did not do all those things. Will I do better tomorrow? Can I make up for what was lost today?

Parenting is such a remarkable, amazing, rewarding, and impossible job. Praise God for the ability that He bestows on me every day to do what I can and the grace that He gives to cover all that I have missed. Safe in that knowledge and trusting in Him for the future of my family I can honestly and with great joy say that I am

Momofkrit and WoJ, (Mom of Kyle, Rhiannon, Iain, and Teagan and Wife of Jamie)

KT

No comments: