Monday, July 28, 2008

When Life gives you Lemons

After a long day and with no dinner plans I decided to take my family to a local pizza place for dinner. Quick in and out, eat pizza, leave the mess there, sounds simple, right? NOT

Kyle sits down and pretends to be drinking the ketchup bottle. Rhia starts chugging the mustard bottle. Iain starts playing with the knives, anyone surprised?, and Teagan grabs sugar packets and starts shaking them. Any quesses on which one turned to disaster? No, no cuts, no red or yellow stains either. Rather, the sugar packets became the issue with which I had to deal. Do I get upset about ALL the sugar spilled on the table? Do I scold Teagan for intentionally opening the packets? Do I clean up the mess? No, I make lemonade! Using my pointer finger I started spelling Teagan's name in the mess of sugar.

When Iain has trouble sitting still on his chair and all of a sudden disappers from his seat and lands on the floor, do I yell at him to sit up? Do I take away his chair and make him stand? (That would have been a good idea in hindsight.) NO, I make lemonade! I sit perfectly still and watch as my husband plays a family joke on him and Iain from the floor manages not to get trapped in the joke. The whole family started laughing causing a great scene in the restaurant. This has never happened to me before. Most times no ever even knows we are there, NOT.

When the kids start playing games on us saying, Mommy look at me and then when I look they say, What are you looking at, do I get upset? Do I tell them to stop? NO, I make lemonade! How could you not laugh when Teagan takes her little hands and physically turns my face toward hers saying, Mommy wook at me! and then Mommy, WHAT ARE YOU WOOKING AT?

While I am typing up this blog and Teagan yells from the kitchen, Mom, I accidentally peed, Do I get upset and yell at her? Do I do running to clean her up? Do I sigh with despair, ok, well yes, but then, I make lemonade! It was time to give her a bath and mop the floor anyway. Thanks for the reminder Teagan.

I think after baths and mopping, I'm going to go straight to bed. I'm getting a bit tired of making lemonade!

Blessed to be momofkrit and woj,
KT

No comments: