Thursday, July 3, 2008

The end of camp

Last week my niece Aubrie stayed with us for a week. She had a great time playing with her cousins and doing life with the AKKRIT TEAM. On Saturday evening, I drove to Baltimore with Aubrie and my husband to return Aubrie to her parents.

I told my sister that Aubrie was so good and so easy, I hardly even knew she was there. Little did I know what that meant. You see after we had dinner together we got Aubrie changed into her PJ's for her car ride home. She had previously made some crazy remark to her mother about wearing Aunt Katie's underwear and I had of course denied that knowing it to be completely untrue. Yeah well, while changing her clothes my husband walks past and remarks, Kate, Why is Aubrie wearing your underwear? NO WAY: That IS my underwear. Aubrie why are you wearing my pink underwear? Well, Aunt Katie, you said to go find underwear and pj's after our baths last night and I couldn't find mine so I just used yours that I found on your bed.

Many thoughts here: Clean, not clean, WAIT, how are you wearing my underwear around your waist, time to hit the gym!!!

Needless to say, Aunt Katie camp has reduced its prices and is now requiring all attendee's to sign a waiver before attending! The suggested number of underwear to send during your stay has been increased. Stay tuned for more information coming next spring.

Blessed to be the sister of a great sister and Aunt to a great niece,
KT

No comments: