Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sweet moments

** Last night my brother-in-law and sister-in-law watched the kids and my hubby and I went on a date!! WOW. Wewent out to dinner and then went to Borders and stayed till they turned the lights off. When we got home the kids were asleep. My girls share a bed and although they each have a pillow Teagan prefers to use Rhia as her pillow. How cute is that!
** Today after we went to the YMCA I decided to do something kinda fun. It's summer after all and you are supposed to be spontaneous and fun right? So I stopped at the local Mexican ice cream shop in town and told the kids we were getting ice cream for lunch! You would expect excitement and joy, right? Well, I got 3 of those responses. Then comes a little high pitched voice saying, "Mommy, we can't just have ice cream for lunch, we MUST have something healthy. Can you make me a real lunch when we get home?" Kyle quickly responded saying, You have have healthy stuff if you want, but I'm having ice cream. YUM. As you might imagine getting ice cream for 4 kids and 1 grown-up can be quite the ordeal. I want strawberry, can I have sprinkles, I need napkins, I'll take a large, mine if falling, etc...We managed to get out of the ice cream store with 3 cones and 2 cups of ice cream, all size SMALL. One melted down the leg, one kid tripped and dropped her cone, but for the most part we all enjoyed our special lunch. Lesson learned? Always carry an apple for Rhia in case we decide to stop for ice cream. :-) Blessed to be momofkrit and woj,

No comments: