Thursday, July 3, 2008

Katie does cooking

This morning I tried to make pancakes and bacon for the kids and their friends. However, the morning started crazy with the air conditioning man arriving at 7:35 instead of between 8:00 and 8:30. I was still in bed reading and my hubby was sleeping. The kids were running around the house. Enough said.

We got the men to the right location, stopped the dog from barking, and I started to do my morning routine. By 8:45 I was ready to start making pancakes. I put the bacon in the oven to cook thinking that would be simpler and I pulled out the bisquick. UhOh. The enormous box of Bisquick is almost empty. Hmmm....Recipes.com is a great resource in these type of situations. Ok, pancakes make from scratch...here we go...

Flour, salt, cinnamon, 1/4 cup baking powder, hmm...let me check that one. Oh good, I have 3 containers. Wonder why I have 3. Oh, well that one expired in 2004, by-bye, next: this one expired in 2005, by-bye, the last one, YEAH, expired in 2006. That is only 2 years old. Perfect. Apples chopped, veggie oil and milk and eggs. I can do this. First let me check on the bacon. Crisp and done: let's take it out...BEEP BEEP BEEP...that crazy fire alarm goes off every time I cook. Back to the pancakes.mix, heat, pour, flip, pour, flip, pour, KIDS TIME TO EAT!!

FINALLY we are Starving mom. Oops it is 10:00. Wonder what took me so long. Several kids didn't like the apples, some didn't like the cinnamon, some preferred turkey bacon, good grief. Next time I'm going to follow Rhiannon's advice and take everyone to McDonald's to get breakfast.

As my husband says, "Kate, you should make step 4 of every recipe, disarm the fire alarm." Cooking is not my speciality.

Blessed to be Momofkrit, Woj, and owner of a very messy kitchen,
KT

No comments: